Thursday 8 December 2011

Thursday December 8th

“Last night I dreamt of Mandalay.” Actually I dreamt of baby bro Cliff on a putting course and his ball turned into a tiny version of a Volkswagen camper van as it dropped into the cup and trying to lip-read a green frog who looked like a small man in a frog suit, a typical dream for me. No mail in the post for me today but the electric is manageable.

There were a few emails to go through, mostly from Yahoo Answers, (http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/), surveys and delivery notices from Amazon, Julie received her Christmas present I sent via Amazon today and her son Ryan’s was also dispatched today.

I spent most of the afternoon completing online surveys and chatting to Julie on Yahoo messenger, only taking brief respites to design my calendar for next year, (Maria Sharapova for July.: D) and having a smoke outside the living room and watching my most interesting new neighbours, a pair of nesting dunnocks who must be nesting somewhere in or close to the rat’s nest out back, (No, it still hasn’t been cleared.) The dunnocks are interesting to watch though, they provide a pleasant distraction, I would like them to get friendlier and trust me eventually.

In the evening I Made a ragù with mince, Sautéed onions with garlic powder, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. I will make a lasagne with it after I make a Béchamel sauce, luckily I remembered to by some corn flour two days ago. What is left over can be mixed with some pasta spirals for a pasta bake or just a Bolognese.

Plans for tomorrow: first up, phone calls, I still need to sort out my gas from my old place with E.on, lay down the law to South Staffs Water, give the landlord’s agents a fillip to clear the rat’s nest, check my bill with Virgin and phone up a number for getting a grant for draught proofing. Later I shall go to the medical practice and get the results from my recent blood tests and make an appointment for the smoking cessation clinic. Okay, I would rather get another depressing Christmas out of the way first however, when I next see Mr Zayan again in April I want to tell him I’ve quit smoking and I can get my operation in May or early June. Having just put the lasagne in the oven I had better put washing up and cleaning down the kitchen on the list for tomorrow and the laminate floors need a mopping too.

Annoyance of the day:
Websites that won’t let you leave.

No comments: