Friday 9 December 2011

Friday December 9th

I did have today all planned out but, the best laid plans as the adage goes. The electric meter was just below £2 and there were 3 letters for me, one letting me know the landlord had put my deposit in an account, a reminder about the unpaid bill from South Staffs Water and a card from the Royal Mail letting me know I had a package waiting for me at the sorting office.

After going through my emails and doing a few surveys, I limped into town and caught a bus to Blythe Street where the Sorting office is. £1.20 bus fare to get there. I knew what it was, an electric can opener, the very same that I bought Julie. Thing was, I liked it so much I thought I’d get one for myself and after using my Amazon vouchers to get Julie and Ryan something I had a bit left over so I thought I’d treat myself.

I got the bus back and the driver waived my fare, I don’t know why but you should never look a gift horse in the mouth as they say, most likely because you may see 500 Greek soldiers in full battle armour waiting for the citizens of Troy to go for an early night.

I stopped off in Bond’s for a couple of drinks but mainly to go through my list of things to do for the day. The dishes from the night before and mopping the floor will keep until tomorrow, mañana as they say in Spain.

On getting home I phoned E.on and got them to amend my bill to £0.00, result! Also, South Staffordshire Water, similar outcome, two – nil to me. The only problem I had was trying to get someone from Virgin to give me a straight answer about my bill. Honestly, these Indian call centres should be closed as the operators have only a basic command of English and don’t seem to know what to do if a problem crops up that isn’t in there training manual. I am now going to have to phone Virgin again tomorrow to try and get a straight answer.

Right now I’m watching TV, looking at the things I didn’t get done today and rearrange them for tomorrow, answering a couple of more surveys, (more cash, or vouchers :D) and after checking Yahoo Answers, eat a good sized portion of the lasagne I cooked last night now that it has settled with a portion of chips and then I’m off to the arms of Morpheus.

Today’s Annoyance:
Shops and services that close ten minutes early. Twice in two days this has happened.

No comments: