Friday 4 July 2008

quiz444


Quiz 444


I'm back. After more PC problems I finally managed to connect to the internet earlier this afternoon and I've spent the last three hours answering the 505 emails that had backed up in my inbox over the last nine days. Now that is done I can get back to quiz business. What a pleasant surprise I had when I walked into The Albert last night. I remember thinking on the way there that it was going to be another quiet one with maybe four or five teams but with a full house I thought "Great. we should have seven." In the end it was eleven teams that took part and that hasn't happened for a long time and it was also great to see so many old faces back. After a very long night our joint winners were The Magic Numbers ( great to have them back albeit just for one week) and The Alliance with 89pts each and CJD made up the top three with 88pts. As I've had no internet connection for over a week, I've been very busy on next week's quiz. In fact, I just need to compile the Faces round and the music tape and after I finish the guest round which will be Initial Success, there is just eleven questions to find, I even have a Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold question. All-in-all, I think next week's quiz should be pretty much ready by the time I update this blog on Monday. Remember, any questions, comments or suggestions email me at: quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk




Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold


Firstly let me go back to the end of last month when the whole pot was up for grabs Bob from The Alliance took the £50 as his guess to the question: What was the date of the last entry made in Samuel Pepys' diary? The answer being May 31st 1659. In fact Bob was only about 4 months out. Last night Carole collected £32 and the question was: In feet what is the height of New York's Chrysler Building? The answer to which is 1,046 ft. Kate the boss was the winner for the second time in three weeks with her guess of 956 ft so £16 went to her and the other half of the pot rolls over to next week. It is still a little early to tell, but if we keep getting these types of numbers, and as it is a five-week month, there should be a pretty tidy sum in the pot by July 31st.



Questions and Answers



Last night's Faces were: 1. Tiana Benjamin who plays Chelsea Fox in Eastenders 2. Anne Robinson 3. George W Bush 4. US Vice President Dick Cheney 5. Graham Norton 6. Meg Ryan 7. Roger Federer 8. Cher 9. Ben Stiller 10. Rod Steiger 11. Chef Marco Pierre White 12. Homer Simpson's boss C Montgomery Burns 13. Jeff Goldblum 14. Spain and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres 15. Caprice Bourret 16. Amy Winehouse 17. Alicia Silverstone 18. Irish golfer and reigning Open champion Pádraig Harrington 19. Ingrid Bergman 20. Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva


Three for Fun (answers on Monday)

1. What is the Scottish court of Chivalry called?

2. Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania have official main units of currency with the same name. What is this name?

3. Literary families: Edith and her brothers Sacheverell and Osbert: what is their surname?

Joke of the Day: The Polish guy and his eye exam (Thanks Dr Bebop)

A Polish guy went to the DMV to apply for a driver's license. First, of course, he had to take an eye sight test The optician showed him a card with the letters 'C Z W I X N O S T A C Z.' 'Can you read this?' the optician asked. 'Read it?' the Polish guy replied, 'I know the guy.'


No comments: