Monday 28 July 2008

quiz447/update


Dogs and computers

My pet hates at the moment. Sorry for the late post but on Saturday morning my PC monitor finally gave up the ghost. I managed to borrow a replacement from a neighbour (thanks Loz) which was old and uncompatible but, did function in Safe Mode so I couldn't access the internet but I could type out some questions. As a result, I am still on schedule to complete this Thursday's quiz. Late this afternoon I got a replacement VDU courtesy of an aunt who happened to have a spare where she works (thanks Rose). Oh the dogs as you may have guessed are the yappy Jack Russells that belong to the fat cow next door who goes out during the day and leaves them to bark their heads off. If that seems a little harsh, then imagine being woken up at 7am on a Sunday morning by said yapping dogs when you were working late into the early hours the night before. Anyway, as I said, this week's quiz is progressing well, I just need to download some pictures for the Faces, five questions and a subject for the "Who am I?" Guest round. But now i can use the Internet again (Won't work in Safe Mode) I can research it. I haven't been able to find a new site for the blog yet but watch this space as I aim to have something better by the end of August. Right. Faces round, I'm on it now. Take care all and I'll see you all on Thursday night. Oh yes, finally, I made a mistake in the last post as to the amount in the Pot 'O' Gold. The actual starting amout is £42.50. That plus whatever is collected by Carole will be one by one lucky person.


Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

The ore galena is the chief source for Lead.

Turin the capital of Piedmont.


In business, CIF is the abbreviation Cost, insurance, freight.



Today's questions (answers on Friday)


1. Who was the husband of Mary I of England?


2.
Which cathedral city, and former capital of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Wessex, lies on the River Itchen in Hampshire?


3.
Which group of islands in the North Atlantic, part of the kingdom of Shetland, lie north-west of the Shetlands and south-east of Iceland?


Joke of the Day

Amazing Home Remedies (Thanks Dr Bebop)

1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP

2. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY USING THE SINK.

3. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

4. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN YOU'LL BE AFRAID TO COUGH.

5. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

6. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.







No comments: