Monday 14 July 2008

quiz445update



As I said on Friday I was going to get as much done over the weekend as I could, and I have. I'm putting the answer sheets and Jokers into their revelant folders at the moment and after that, all that remains will be two sport's round questions and the Faces round which I have 19 of the twenty ready to be pasted onto the template. I compiled the Music tape yesterday afternoon and as promised there will be a 2-3 second delay between the tracks which unfortunately makes the tape just under four minutes long this week. (I wonder how many will get number 7.) Remember quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk is my email should you wish to contact me though you only have until tomorrow evening. The quiz HAS to be ready to be printed out by then as I am in Coventry on Wednesday until Thursday afternoon attending the wedding of a couple I met on the Internet. Right, I'd better get on as I'm also doing my second load of laundry at the moment too. Who said women had an exclusive on multi-tasking. See you all on Thursday.


Three for Fun (Friday's answers)


The Latin phrase thesaurus inventus is translated into English for legal purposes as Treasure Trove.


The plant Rosa caninina is more commonly known as The Dog Rose.


Jansenism was an extreme seventeenth to eighteenth century reform movement in the Roman Catholic church.


Today's question's (answers on Friday)


1. At over 2900 feet, Pen-y-Fan is the highest point of which National Park in South Wales?


2. In which European city are are the headquarters of OPEC, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries?


3. In The Merchant of Venice, which character in the play speaks of 'the quality of mercy'?


Joke of the Day: My what big eyes you have (Thanks Dr Bebop)


Little Red Riding Hood is skipping down the road when she sees the Big Bad Wolf crouched down behind a log.
"My what big eyes you have, Mr Wolf", says Little Red Riding Hood.
The wolf jumps up and runs away. Further down the road Little Red Riding Hood sees the wolf again. This time he is crouched behind a tree stump.
"My what big ears you have, Mr Wolf", says Little Red Riding Hood.
Again the wolf jumps up and runs away. Some distance further down the track Little Red Riding Hood again encounters the Big Bad Wolf, this time crouched behind a road sign.
"My what big teeth you have, Mr Wolf", taunts Little Red Riding Hood.
With that the Big Bad Wolf jumps up and screams... "Will you piss off, I'm trying to take a dump!"




No comments: