Monday 7 July 2008

quiz444update




On Friday I told you that I had made a good start on this week's quiz and by the time I came to update this blog it would be almost finished. Well, I'm a man of my word and all that is needed for its completion are two questions - one sport and one for the Initial Success guest round - and the final faces round for which I have the twenty pictures I need and I shall be pasting them onto the template a little later today, it usually takes around an hour to compile that particular round. Remember quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to contact me for any questions comments or suggestions which reminds me, I will attempt to send an email for the second time to the guy who said he can get me all the photocopying that I need done. One last try and if he claims for a second time that he never recieved it I'll have to file him away under "unreliable." Anyway, I' better get on as it is 3pm already and there is a lot I still need to do today. Though I think I'll wait for the thunder and hailstones to subside before attempting to make it into town. I hope to see you all and another full house at The Albert on Thursday.


Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
The Scottish court of Chivalry is called The Court of The Lord Lyon.


Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania have official main units of currency with the same name. The Shilling.

Literary families: Edith and her brothers Sacheverell and Osbert: their surname is Sitwell.

Today's questions (Answers on Friday)

1. What was the name of the ancient track that crossed England from the Wash to Wiltshire, the section between Norfolk and Ivinghoe Beacon still much by walkers today?

2. In what field of the media are Anne Swithinbank, Gay Search and Bob Flowerdew expert names?

3. In which English city are there open spaces called Midsummer Common, Parker's Piece and Jesus Green?

Joke of the Day: School answering Machine (Thanks Dr Bebop)

This is the message that the Pacific Palisades High School (California) staff voted unanimously to record on their school Telephone answering machine This is the actual answering machine message for the school.

[BEBOP's NOTE: according to snopes.com, this was never left as an answering machine message, but it's still funny]

This came about because they implemented a policy requiring students and parents to be responsible for their children's absences and missing homework. The school and teachers are being sued by parents who want their children's failing grades changed to passing grades - even though those children were absent 15-30 times during the semester and did not complete enough schoolwork to pass their classes.

The outgoing message:"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting to the right staff member, please listen to all the options before making a selection:


* To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1*

To make excuses for why your child did not do his work- Press 2*

To complain about what we do - Press 3*

To swear at staff members - Press 4*

To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed inyour newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5*

If you want us to raise your child - Press 6*

If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone -Press 7*

To request another teacher, for the third time this year -Press 8*

To complain about bus transportation - Press 9*

To complain about school lunches - Press 0*

If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!

No comments: