Monday 23 June 2008

quiz442update

I'm sorry, I've been so busy today that I forgot about you lot. I've been playing catch up all day and I am still a ways behind. As for the quiz, I did manage to compile the music tape late yesterday afternoon and the General Knowledge and Trivia rounds are almost complete. The Entertainment round is going well but the Sport round is a bit of a headache this week as is the Guest round which is supposed to be Dingbats though, I haven't had time to think about it thus far. I do have a tricky Tempus Fugit question but hardly any Faces or a Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold question for the big one to finish the month off with. I really need to get on and attempt the Dingbats round tonight so I shall leave you with the three for Fun and the Joke of the Day. as always quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk is my email if you have a question, comment or suggestion and I shall, hopefully see you all at The Albert on Thursday night apart from CJD who will either be totally absent or much depleted. Take care, Dave xxx.

Three for Fun (Monday's answers)

The United Nations Development Fund for Women is better known for short as UNIFEM.


The Britannia Royal Naval College is in Dartmouth.


In geometry, if a line is said to be normal to another, that means They are at right angles

Edit: the answer to the last question last Friday should read Trollope. Sorry.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. CVA or cerebrovascular accident is the medical term for what common occurrence?

2. 'The Englishwoman' , 'The Galloping Cat' and 'Not Waving But Drowning' are poems by which twentieth-century English writer?

3. The Phoenician Astarte and the Babylonian Ishtar are goddesses of what?

Joke of the Day (thanks FidgetyFingers)

After his day's sightseeing, an Irishman, Neon Jack, touring Spain, stopped at a local restaurant. While sipping his wine, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, but the smell was wonderful.He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"The waiter replied, "Ah senor, you have excellent taste. Those are bull's ba*ls from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"The Irishman, though momentarily daunted when he learned the origin of the dish said, "What the he*l, I'm on vacation! Bring me an order!"The waiter replied, "I'm so sorry senor. There is only one serving a day since there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come here early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to serve you this delicacy!"The next morning Neon Jack returned and placed his order. That evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter...
he called to the waiter and said, "These are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!!"The waiter promptly reply, "Si, senor! Sometimes the bull wins!"


No comments: