Monday 14 May 2007



Thanks to Bill for the Email, I glad you enjoyed the Wacky Races pics. As I said on Friday I had nothing but a blank template to start this week's quiz so, what I did was to time how long it takes to produce a quiz from scratch. I've got a stopwatch on it, everytime I do something I start the timer. I'm not sure this is a good idea as I seem to be rushing as if it is a race and I have to keep stopping a checking for errors as in Friday's post when I lost the original and had to start again I rushed it and made numerous spelling mistakes. I will carry on timing it until it's all printed off and packed in the bag and let you know on Friday how long it took altogether.

So far, I have numerous questions done, the music tape needs two more songs, I still need to sort the pictures out and I need a subject for the guest round which this week is Who Am I? Five clues to a famous person. So all-in-all there is still quite a bit to do. I hope to see you all on Thursday night and if anybody wants to contact me between now and then or at anytime for any reason you can at: quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk I leave you now with the Three for Fun questions and The Joke of the Day.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

Campbell is the family name of The Duke of Argyle.


In law by the Latin expression mens rea means Guilty mind (meaning that someone intended to carry out a crime knowing it was wrong).


Nancy Astor the first woman MP to sit in the House of Commons represented Plymouth (Sutton division).

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. Which British prime minister in the 1920's served the shortest term last century - just 209 days?

2. The name of which evergreen climbing plant is derived from its distinctive flowers that have parts that supposedly resemble aspects of the Crucifixtion?

3. The battle of Sedgemoor in 1685 was the last to be fought on English soil. It occurred during which uprising?

Joke Of The Day:Dinner Etiquette...

During a good manners and etiquette class being held for young men at a posh school, the teacher says to her students:


"If you were courting a well educated young girl from a prominent family and during a dinner for two you needed to go to the toilet, what would you say to her?"


Michael replies: "Wait a minute; I'm going for a piss."


The teacher says: "That would be very rude and improper on your part."


Charles replies: "I'm sorry I need to go to the toilet, I'll be back in a minute."


The teacher says: "That's much better but to mention the word 'toilet' during a meal, is unpleasant."


And John says: "My dear, please excuse me for a moment. I have to go shake hands with a personal friend, whom, I hope to be able to introduce to you after dinner."

No comments: