Friday 13 January 2012

Wednesday January 11th.

It seems to have worked. Getting a good night’s sleep that is. I got to bed at 10:15pm last night and apart from needing the bathroom twice in the night I slept soundly. I was up and at ‘em’ at 5:45 this morning and made a list of the things I need to do later today when I go out. In the meantime I rearranged all those boxes that are awaiting a wall unit and bookcase and created a bit more space, my main motivation was being concerned about the breakables, ornaments, and glassware that’s why I’m specifically looking for a unit that has a cocktail cabinet.

When it got light I went around the back to assess the mess that was dumped there last night. There were only seven items but that will only encourage some tenants to add to it. On the plus side, there was a microwave and though smaller than mine it is 700 watts as opposed to mine which is 650 watts. I brought it inside and it seems to work albeit that the turntable mechanism and plate are missing and it needs a good scrub inside, I gave the exterior a wipe over earlier. I checked the model on the net but couldn’t find a picture of it to compare what the interior should look like with the turntable mechanism, I did however stumble across a replacement plate for it on Amazon for £16 something, erm, b*ll*cks to that me thinks.

I’ve currently got a load of colours in the washing machine and will peg them out on the line before I go out, I was going to do it tomorrow as the weather forecast yesterday said that would be the best day but today’s forecast says it is going to rain and as it was unseasonably warm and sunny earlier I thought I’d get it done, typically it has clouded over now. Anyway, I’m going to take a shower and get ready to go into town and the laundry should be done by the time I’m changed.

And the day started so well. It continued well as I went into town, Post Office: served quickly. Bill payments, quick, simple, and the girl was a cutie. Charity shop: dropped off a couple of items but was a little miffed to discover that the wall unit I had my eye on had changed in price. I believe originally that it was priced at £40 with a corner unit for free. I had to double take to check that the said same unit was now £50 and the corner unit had been priced separately at £30. I even emailed my dad so he could confirm this as he was with me when they were at the originally priced. I just can’t believe that!

Just down the road was the credit union and I paid my £1 in to join so that went okay. Unfortunately, the council’s housing benefit team are not available on Wednesdays so that was a quick visit, I wonder what would happen in the event of an alien invasion would civil servants be unavailable for advice? No doubt the kids would be off school for a ‘teacher training’ day. Anyway, I had got most of what I had planned done within half an hour, good even my well known logistic skills and I made my way to the bus station on Corporation Street to get the 110 to Fazeley to get my camera sorted, that’s when things went from bad to worse. I got to the Tesco’s and thought, ‘Hmmm, this place looks a little small (from the outside) Maybe it is like the T.A.R.D.I.S in side I remember thinking. Nope. It was just a bog standard convenience store and the lady at the counter told me I needed to go to Litchfield, (See previous post) I was absolutely fuming as I was told by Tesco’s helpline that I didn’t have to travel 8 miles there after all.

At this point I was steaming, 25 minutes out of my life and £4 bus fare I won’t get back. I was so fired up I planned to get straight on the bus to Lichfield when I got back to Tamworth however at some stage common sense kicked in and I decided prudently to leave the matter until tomorrow at least.

Thursday January 12th.

I gave up on yesterday’s post as I was tired and also frustrated at how slow Microsoft Word was running and I was glad to see the back of yesterday.

I arose a little later today but well within acceptable parameters and had plenty of time to answer my emails and do a couple of online surveys, earning another £10 in Amazon vouchers in the process, that’s £30 I have now before Cliff picked me up to take me to Tesco’s in Lichfield.

It was more than a pleasant distraction, Cliff, Sarah the twins and I going around Tesco’s. It took less time to sort my camera out than it did at Eastville; Cliff offered to pay the extra sum if I wanted to get Nikon Coolpix™ which was on half price offer at a little under £100. I just hope he doesn’t want his hand back anytime soon. We also took time to do a little grocery shopping and I bought a couple of things that I can’t get from the local small places and the twins got a Peppa Pig cuddly toy each. On getting home, I thanked Cliff very much for doing me such a favour and gave the twins a kiss goodbye (Krystal is a sloppy kisser, lol).

I assembled the camera and it is currently on charge, I ditched the old microwave as Cliff said he will get his old one to me in the next couple of days and answered a few questions on Yahoo Answers. I’m just getting ready to meet friends in town; it is £1.25 a pint night at Bonds so I will have a couple of beers tonight.

No comments: