Friday 13 January 2012

Friday January 13th

It’s a good job I’m not superstitious, today is the first of three Friday the thirteenths this year, Friday is usually a boring day for me anyway, nothing much happens on Fridays.

Cliff and Sarah Came down with Rosie and Emmie around four in the afternoon to bring me there old microwave and toaster, that’s two more things off my ‘things to do list’ It is great to have visitors even for twenty-thirty minutes, it feels even better when I get compliments such as ‘It smells a lot better in here’ or ‘It feels homely’. The kids had a play on the candy grabber, fail! Lol. I gave them a lolly each and a stuffed toy fish each that I got out of the grab machine the last time I was in Calella.

As I said before, Fridays are boring, the only interesting thing that happened in the evening was a phone conversation with dad which was unfortunately cut short by the Fray Bentos Steak pie in my oven overheating and setting off the smoke alarm but the pie was cooked perfectly.


Trivia of the Day:

The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatrishtkaidekaphobia (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named and triskaidekaphobia meaning fear of the number thirteen), or paraskevidekatriaphobia a concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (meaning "Friday"), and dekatreís (meaning "thirteen") attached to phobía (from phóbos, meaning "fear"). The latter word was derived in 1911 and first appeared in a mainstream source in 1953.

No comments: