Tuesday 10 January 2012

Monday January 9th.

I spent most of the weekend in bed, my legs are really hurting at the moment plus I’m having intestinal pains and I’ve developed a nasty cough. That with my sinusitis playing up again has taken its toll, as I believe all the walking into town I’ve done recently. So… how do I fix it? First up I have had the windows open to get some fresh air in the place, secondly I want to keep the weight off my legs for the next couple of days.

That is it; there is no more fore Monday which will now go down as ‘Missing Monday’. Why? Well around 2 am in the morning I went to bed to try and sleep. 2 am became 4 am, then 6 am. I was still awake when it got light around eight O’clock in the morning. When I finally got to sleep it was 6pm before I woke, so I decided that enough was enough and made the decision to stay in bed for the whole day and try afresh tomorrow.

Tuesday January 10th.

I planned to get up between four and eight in the morning but I’d had enough by three so got up and went to it. What kind of eejit cleans their kitchen at three in the morning? ‘Puts hand up’. I made a list of things I also wish to get done and hopefully by the end of the day I shall be tired enough to just flop into bed and get a good nights rest.

At 5:45 in the morning I’m contemplating cleaning the bathroom, the bedroom, and the lounge then sweeping and mopping the floors so by the time the landlord’s agent comes to do an inspection next Monday there will just be a quick flick over necessary for it to be neat and tidy, I think in the interests of neighbourly relations that it would be prudent to leave the vacuuming until after eight in the morning.

After I was satisfied with my cleaning efforts I went into town to check if my money was in my account, it wasn’t so I went and filled in my forms for the credit union and went to the council for a breakdown of my payments. It is confusing as the rent is due every calendar month but the council claim they can only pay every four weeks, I’m sure they could if some civil servant in Whitehall applied a bit of logic to the situation… on second thoughts that’s never going to happen, civil servants are not renowned for using common sense.

On the way home I stopped off at the doctor’s surgery and made an appointment for the Smoking Cessation Clinic for the 20th of this month, that’s the first step. My legs were playing up and I got to within 15 yards of my driveway when I got a shooting pain in my left leg, I was already limping heavily on right leg. I got in okay and updated my appointments diary then worked out my schedule for tomorrow.

First up is getting some cash out of the Post Office followed by a short walk to open my account with the credit union which is at King Street tomorrow but it’s on the way to the council which is my last stop before getting the bus to Fazeley. I finally found the receipt for my damaged camera and after phoning Samsung and getting a reference number I am now able to take it to Tesco’s and get it exchanged at least I don’t have to go to Litchfield as I first thought still even that is a lot nearer than where I got it from, Eastville in Bristol.

At 5:30pm now and the long day has taken its toll, I am really tired and just want to stay awake until at least 9pm so that I don’t wake up too early tomorrow and ergo be back at square one though I do have the benefit of clean bed linen tonight, there are few feelings as good as that in life. Just a couple of frustrating moments this evening, firstly this bloody PC, It’s taking me ages to type this post out as it keeps sticking but as I stated before, getting it sorted will have to wait another two weeks at the very least. Secondly, I saw someone dumping more junk out the back. Well it the suggestion I was going to make to the landlord’s agent that they put up a ‘NO FLY TIPPING BY ORDER’ etc a moot point seeing as it was either Laurel or Hardy, the landlord’s contractors who bloody dumped the stuff, << rolls eyes.

No comments: