Monday 16 June 2008

quiz441/update



This week's quiz is progressing well, I manage to put a montage of songs together for the music tape in less than half an hour yesterday and last night it seemed that I was having an idea for a question every other minute. The only things that I haven't started so far are the Faces, the Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold and my biggest headache this week, the guest round which is scheduled to be True or False this week. Last night I had writer's block when it came tothis round, I kept thinking of something but when I started to type it out I said to myself "ermmmmm, maybe that isn't so good." So tonight I'm going to give it my full attention and see if I can't get it done and out of the way so I can concentrate on the Faces whilst popping in one of the fifteen questions I need to finish other rounds. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk as always is my email address if you have any comments, questions or suggestions between now and Thursday night. Let's hope for another full house like last week.



Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
In English Law the two degrees of kindred, or relation by blood are Lineal and Collateral.



The final honours examination for a bachelor's degree called the Tripos is at Cambridge University.



The organ of the United Nations that is based at The Peace Palace, The Hague is The International Court of Justice.
Today's questions (answers on Friday)
1. Before the Euro, the Greek Drachma was made up of 100 what?
2. What is the name of the group of 6554 islands that lies in the Gulf of Bothnia?
3. What family name connects the author of Barchester Towers and the author of The Rector's Wife?
Joke of the Day: Do you come here often (Thanks FidgetyFingers)
Robbie is a hard worker and he spends most of his nights bowling or playing volleyball. One weekend his wife decides that he needs to relax a little and take a break from sports, so she takes him to a strip club.
The doorman at the club spots them and says, "Hey Robbie! How are you tonight?"His wife, surprised, asks her husband if he has been here before. No, no, he's just one of the guys I bowl with."
They are seated and the waitress approaches, sees Robbie and says, "Nice to see you Robbie. A gin and tonic as usual?"His wife's eyes widen. "You must come here a lot!""No, no," says Robbie, "I just know her from volleyball.
"Then a stripper walks up to the table. She throws her arms around Robbie and says, "Robbie! A table dance as usual?"His wife, fuming, collects her things and storms out of the bar.
Robbie follows her and spots her getting into a cab, so he jumps into the passenger seat. His wife looks at him, seething with fury and lets Robbie have it with both barrels.....

At this, the cabby leans over and says, "Sure looks like you picked up a right bitch tonight, Robbie!"

No comments: