Monday 2 June 2008

quiz439/update


I'm a little late posting today as it seems there is a problm with the server and I haven't been able to log on to this page until now, I kept getting a "Google server error message." Anyway, it seems fine now. I had a slow start to compiling this week's quiz as I was up until 6am on Saturday morning cleaning a trojan off of my PC. The thing is that when researching questions i visit hundreds of web pages each week and just occasionally I don't get the page I'm expedting but one with a nasty surprise on it and I have to run my anti spyware program which can take a couple of hours. On Saturday i was understably out of synch most of the day and hardly looked at the quiz, however on Sunday I got my teeth into it and also managed to blitz a music tape in a little over 30 minutes. last night before retiring I put this weeks guest round together and printed them off, this week it is Trackword, ten jumbled up nine-letter words. All that is left to do between now and Thursday night are 19 questions plus something for the Pot 'O' Gold and the Faces round and I already have nine of the twenty photos I need before putting it together ready for printing. I'm going to get on now so I hope to see all of you and hopefully a few more at The Albert on Thursday night. Questions, comments or just want to say hi then email me at: quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk
Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
The capital of Lombardy, set in the heart of the Po Basin is Milan.

Blackley, Gorton and Withington are parliamentary constituences in Manchester.

In the nursery rhyme the yellow-haired lover who went to sea with silver buckles on his knee is Bobby Shafto.

Today's questions (Answers on Friday)

1. Which poet laureate wrote detective fiction under the pseudonym of Nicholas Blake?

2. Who in the USA, has the the famous nickname the 'Comeback Kid'?

3. On the Isle of Man, The House of Keys and Legaslative Council make up the parliament. What's that parliament called?

Joke of the Day: Lie Detecting Robot (Thanks Dr Bebop)

One day Kyle's dad brought home a robot. The robot was special in that it could detect a lie and would slap the person who lied on the face.Kyle returned late from school that day and his dad asked him, "Son why are you late from school?"Kyle answered, "Dad, we had extra classes today".Much to his astonishment the robot jumped up and slapped Kyle on his face.His dad told him, "Son this robot is special in that it can detect a Lie and will then slap the person who lied. Now come on tell me the truth.Why are you late?""Dad, I went to a movie""Which movie?""The Ten Commandments"Immediately, Kyle got a slap on the face from the robot."Sorry Dad, I went to see the movie Sex Queen"."Shame on you son, when I was your age I never watched obscene movies or misbehaved" Immediately, the dad gets a tight slap on the face from the robot.Hearing the last sentence, Kyle's mother comes walking out of the kitchen and sarcastically says to her husband, "After all he is YOUR son!!


To which the robot steps up and gives Kyle's mother a resounding slap on her face!

No comments: