Monday 28 April 2008

quiz434/update



I had another very busy and ultimately productive weekend. In fact, apart from the Pictures, for which I haven't yet decided on a new name and Pot 'O' Gold question, which i usually leave untill last, I just need eleven more questions. It seems to be the sports round that is giving me writer's block this week. I finished the music tape late yesterday afternoon and the guest round on Saturday. The aforementioned guest round was due to be Books and authors. However, because I desperately need to save on photocopying costs this week, I have decided to go with a pyramid round. Four questions with a 1, 2, 3 and 4-part answer, all with the common theme of geography this time. I thought I would share with you the schedule for the guest rounds over the next few week so I've listed them below. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk as always for any questions or comments. Fingers crossed for a full house at The Albert on Thursday.

Guest round schedule*


Quiz 435 01-May-08 Pyramid

Quiz 436 08-May-08 Who Am I

Quiz 437 15-May-08 Connections

Quiz 438 22-May-08 Books and Authors

Quiz 439 29-May-08 Reverse Scattergories

Quiz 440 05-Jun-08 Caracateurs

Quiz 441 12-Jun-08 Trackword

Quiz 442 19-Jun-08 True or False

Quiz 443 26-Jun-08 Dingbats

Quiz 444 03-Jul-08 TV themes

*Subject to change

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

The term used to describe iron or steel that has been coated with zinc in order to protect it from corrosion is Galvanized.


The name given to a lake formed by a loop in a river that becomes seperated from the main flow of the river is An ox-bow lake.


The cargo carried by a ship known as a ULCC is Oil.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. In which of his famous operas did Rossini include an alpenhorn?

2. What is the name of Eliza Doolittle's phonetics expert in George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion?

3. What term is commonly used in English law to refer to a minor under the protection of the High Court?

Joke of the Day: Drunk Driver (Thanks Mako)


After gunning his car the wrong way down a one-way street, the rather intoxicated young man was asked where he thought he was going by a curious police officer."I'm not really sure," confessed the drunk, "but wherever it is, I must be late, because everybody seems to be coming back already."











No comments: