Friday 4 April 2008

quiz431


Quiz 431

I really don't want another day like yesterday. Don't get me wrong, the quiz last night was thoroughly enjoyable but everything else went wrong. I was under pressure from the get go. Firstly, I had a lot to do to get the quiz compiled before the deadline of 5:10 (Kallkwik close at 5:30). I finally finished the pictures finished at 4:30 but still needed a question to research for the Pot 'O' Gold. Fast approaching 5pm and after checking the music tape I found that there were only nine songs, somehow I had failed to tape a classic Bob Dylan track so I just stuck the first song that i found on the radio on the end. I thought was the end of my troubles until i got down to Kallkwik, opened my wallet to pay only to find it empty. Somewhere between the shop and the way home Wednesday evening I'd lost £15. I think in my haste I had just stuffed my change into my pocket and it must have fallen out somewhere.

Seven teams took part last night and going into the final round any one of them could have statistically won, it was that close. At the end The Alliance ran out winners with 88pts, CJD were second with 82pts and both Ellie's Heroes and The Blackadders shared third place on 78pts each. The only thing I can tell you about next week's quiz is that the guest round is due to be the ever popular TV theme tunes, everything else is blank at the moment all I have is my basic template so plenty to do. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk is my email should you wish to conact me for any reason.



Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold
Not content with winning last weeks rollover, Mark behind the bar won again this week. Not as much as last but I believe the £14.50 he won for the closest guess was most welcome. Last night's question was: In years and days how old is the oldest validated person currently living? Mark was actually only 23 days out. The answer is 114 years, 349 days a record held by one Edna Parker who lives in Indiana USA and who will celebrate her 115th birthday on April 20th this year.
Questions and Answers
Last night's pictures were: 1. Returning Eastender Sid Owen who plays Ricky Butcher 2. Fellow returnee Patsy Palmer who plays Bianca 3. Dr Who actor David Tennant 4. Dr Who Assistant and Comedienne Catherine Tate 5. Leona Lewis 6. Cotroversial sprinter Dwain Chambers 7. Lisa Simpson 8. Alec Baldwin 9. Kim Basinger 10. Sir David Attenborough 11. Banned Pakistani pace bowler Shoaib Akhtar 12. US Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton 13. Sandra Bullock 14. Marlon Brando 15. Manchester United's Korean winger Ji Sung Park 16. Doris Day 17. Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg MP 18. US outlaw and folk hero Jesse James 19. Aussie supermodel Elle Macpherson 20. US downhill skier Picabo Street
Three for fun (Tuesday's answers)
The poem by William Wordsworth that begins: 'Earth has not anything to show more fair' is Upon Westminster Bridge.

Senescence in human beings is more commonly known as old age.

Queen Victoria made Buckingham Palace the official London residence of the sovereign
Todays questions (answers on Monday)
1. Britain is symbolised by the female figure Britannia. What is the name of the young woman who symbolises France?
2. The satirical musical oh! What a lovely War tells the story in songs and music-hall routines of which twentieth-century conflict?
3. What name is given in chemistry to the substance in which the 'solute' is dissolved to make a solution?
Joke Of The Day:
One night , after the couple had retired for the night, the woman
became aware that her husband was touching her in a most unusual manner.

He started by running his hand across her shoulders and the small of her back.

He ran his hand over her breasts, touching them very lightly. Then,
he proceeded to run his hand gently down her side, sliding his hand
over her stomach, and then down the other side to a point below her
waist.

He continued on, gently feeling her hips, first one side and the
other. His hand ran further down the outside of her thighs.

His gentle stroking then started up the inside of her left thigh,
stopped and then returned to do the same to her right thigh. By this
time the woman was becoming aroused and she squirmed a little to
better position herself.

The man stopped abruptly and rolled over to his side of the bed.

" Why are you stopping"? she whispered.

He whispered back, " I found the remote".

No comments: