Friday 25 April 2008

quiz434


Quiz 434


Another low turnout at The Albert last night, I hope this isn't the start of a trend. No point in worrying about it at the moment, but if it continues I'll have to think about investigating other avenues. Only five teams again last night of those CJD completed a hat trick of wins coming top for the third week in a row with an excellent score of 97pts. The Alliance were five points back in second place with an equally impressive 92pts and third place went to Day Release just one point behind on 91. I did make a small start on next week's quiz when i had a spare half hour before leaving for the quiz last night and I'm hoping to have a good session on it later today but, I have to go out shortly to see if i can get some cheap printer ink as the money I paid out for photocopying yesterday was 25% of what I got last night. Questions? Comments? quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk is my email address. Thank you Margaret for your suggestions and I'm glad you enjoyed the "If women ruled the World" pics in my last post.





Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold



End of the month yesterday which mean't that the whole pot was up for grabs. Unfortunately, as we've had a couple of slow weeks the final total was less than in previous months, although £66 is not to be sniffed at. Last night's question was: In years and days, how long did it take to complete the US monument Mount Rushmore? The answer is 14 years and 27 days. Between October 4 1927, and October 31 1941. Georgina of The Blackadders was only 77 days out with a guess of 13 years and 315 days. £66 is now hers which apparently she intends to share with Hannah also of the The Blackadders and whose guss of 15 years and 210 days was second closest and put the money towards buying mobile phones. So a happy end to the evening. Next week we start again from scratch and for those who haven't figured it out yet, it's a five week month so if there is a good turnout and no one wins it in the meantime, the pot should reach a good sum by the time of the last quiz on May 29th.
Questions and Answers
Last night's pictures were: 1.The late Inspector Morse actor John Thaw 2. Bruce Forsyth 3. Robert Redford 4. Dustin Hoffmann 5. Mark Charnock who plays Marlon Dingle in Emmerdale 6. Tina Turner 7. The first TV Dr Who William Hartnell 8. Tiger Woods 9. Princess Anne 10. Colonel Gadaffi 11. Gwyneth Paltrow 12. Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar 13. Debbie Harry 14. Josh Hartnett 15. TV presenter Helen Chamberlain 16. Kate Beckinsale 17. Blackburn Rovers Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz 18. Jane Russell 19. Anna Kournikova 20. Martina Hingis
Three for Fun (Monday's answers)
In the human body the quadriceps, the gluteus maximus and the pectoralis major are all muscles.

The term used to refer to a charge of treason brought against a head of state is impeachment.

In the Republic of Ireland, the service that is abbreviated as RTE is State television and radio (Radio Telefís Éireann).

Today's questions (answers on Monday)

1. What term is used to describe iron or steel that has been coated with zinc in order to protect it from corrosion?

2. What name is given to a lake formed by a loop in a river that becomes seperated from the main flow of the river?

3. What cargo does a ship known as a ULCC carry?

Joke Of The Day:Animal Thoughts...

After watching that imbecile on television who claims to know what common household pets are thinking, it was decided that we too, would do the impossible...

Dog "They keep putting the lid down on the big water bowl."

Goldfish "Just because I have a three-second memory, they don't think I'll mind eating the same fish flakes over and over............... Oh boy! Fish flakes!"

Dog "Man, why do they keep rubbing my nose in it? I already KNOW whose it is!"

Goldfish "The knight never comes out of the castle to fight me for dominion over the fish tank. So I must continue patrolling, for I am lord and master!"

Parrot "Tease, tease, tease! But do those greedy clowns ever really give me a cracker? HELL NO!"

Cat "Why are these people in my house?"

Dog "I don't care if you take the jewelry or money, but don't mess with the fridge."

Goldfish "Oh, tap-tap-tap! There's a new one!"

Cat "I wish he would stop kicking me down the stairs."

Dog "The 'pretending to throw a stick' game is getting old, but I seem unable to stop myself from looking for it."

Cat "Why did they put this service bell on my neck if they're not going to answer to it."
Dog "Why is the baby eating my food..."

Hamster "Kill me, this wheel is boring."

Iguana "Oh great, another day of being in this small little cage with my food bowl, my water and these f*cking annoying wood chips.

Dog "Man, my dog food looks exactly like my sh*t! Well if I'm ever hungry I'll know there's plenty for me in the backyard..."

Gerbil "OH NO, not again!"

Dog "I bet if he could do that, he wouldn't be telling me to stop."

Cat "Oh no, he's picking me up to do another 'land on all fours off the balcony' test again."

Bunny "I wonder if she will notice I sh*t in her pillow case?"



No comments: