Tuesday 1 April 2008

quiz430/update.



Sorry for the late update but the cold I had last week really knocked me out of synch and I have a mountain of things to do to catch up. There is still quite a bit to do for this weeks quiz so I will crack on with it as soon as I've published this post. starting with the last two songs for the music tape. I have decided not to have Dingbats as the guest round, instead I am going to use 10 pictures of celebrities shown in embarrasing situations, showing parts of their bodies that they really shouldn't. Not sure what to call it though, "Guess whose bottom springs to mind quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk should you wish to contact me between now and Thursday.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
Coins are listed in a standard SEABY catalogue published by Spink, an authority in the field

There were seven Saxon kingdoms in ancient Britain in the sixth and seventh centuries. Northumbria, Mercia and Wessex were three of them. The other four are Essex, Kent, East Anglia and Sussex.

The poets Roger McGough, Brian Patten and Adrian Henri are all identified with Liverpool.
Today's questions (answers on Friday)
1. What is the title of the poem by William Wordsworth that begins: 'Earth has not anything to show more fair'?
2. How is senescence in human beings more commonly known?
3. Which monarch made Buckingham Palace the official London residence of the sovereign?
Joke of the Day: Re Thursday's Guest Round.
What's today's date? :P

No comments: