Friday 31 August 2007

quiz400



Quiz 400

I've always said that the quiz goes through a lean period from mid June until August bank holiday and I was proved right last night (subtle pop at a meathead who thinks he's smarter than me.) Eight teams we had last night the exactly the same as we had this time last year. It was apparent that last night's questions were a bit harder than usual as reflected in the scores. Our winners last night were The Magic Numbers with 89 points. joint second with 78 points were VCJD and The Alliance minus slowhand Gareth and Pete the commando. The only members in attendance were Margaret (the sensible one), Bill (Who'd you'd have thought was used to losing seeing has how he keeps wearing that Leeds United top and whose hero is Dick Dastardly.) and Bob (the edible frog. Rana kl. esculenta. Very sorry Bob you were quite correct.) A special mention to The Book Ends, always glad to see them at The Albert. Team Van Dyke, the couple who don't see each other that often but when they do they like to come to the quiz and also Leah and Dave who were called the Flying Otters last night and look to becoming regulars at the quiz. Questions, comments? You can always email me quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk or come see me on Yahoo answers UK and Ireland. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Questions and Answers

Last night's pictures were: 1. Lacey Turner Who plays Stacey Slater in Eastenders 2. Owen Wilson 3. Middlesbrough's Dutch midfielder George Boateng 4. TV presenter Fearne Cotton 5. Perry Mason actor Raymond Burr 6. Amy Winehouse 7. Dustin Hoffman 8. Frankenstein author Mary Shelley 9. Britain's 400m world champion Christine Ohurugu 10. Sophia Myles actress and girlfriend of Dr Who David Tennant and wo appeared in an episode in season 2. "Jeanne Antoinette de Poisson? I just snogged Madame de Pompadour!"

Three For Fun (Tuesdays answers)

In the song, Jackie Paper was the friend of Puff the magic dragon
born in 1752, Ben Jonson is considered to be Britain's first Poet Laureate?
Gall is an alternative term for bile.

Today's questions (answers on Monday)

1. The airport at Dyce serves which Scottish city?

2. Theatre: Table Manners, Living together and Round and Round the Garden, a trilogy by Alan Ayckbourn, are known collectively under what title?

3. The Suffragette movement: Who, with her daughter Christabel, founded the Women's Social and Political Union in 1903, taking the motto 'Deeds not words'?

Joke of the Day: How to get out of a speeding ticket!

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding and has the following exchange:

Officer: May I see your driver's license?

Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?

Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.

Officer: The car is stolen?

Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.

Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?

Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.

Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?

Driver: Yes, sir.

Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain. The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:

Captain: Sir, can I see your license?

Driver: Sure. Here it is. It was valid.

Captain: Who's car is this?

Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the registration.

Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?

Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it.Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.

Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.

Driver: No problem. Trunk is opened; no body.

Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove-box, and that there was a body in the trunk?

Driver: Yeah, and I'll bet the big liar told you I was speeding too!

No comments: