Friday 3 August 2007

quiz396


Quiz 396



10 years on Saturday, what the hell was I thinking whe n I did that first quiz? Anyway, I'm update the "My Profile" over the weekend to share a few memories with you all. Last night was very quiet, only five teams. I'm guessing that everyone else was basking in the rare appearance of the sun. The Alliance were last night's winners with 91 points, VCJD were second with 89 and The Magic Numbers made up the three coming third with 83. All-in-all I was quite pleased with the way the quiz went. all five teams scored 70pts or higher which is what I tend to aim for. my email as always is quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk for anyone wishing to contact me between now and next Thursday with questions, comments credit card details etc. Okay before questions and answers, the link I emailed to Bill yesterday. Cast your minds back to the the last day of the Premiership season when Sheffield United were relegated. www.tinyurl.com/2ea4p3 Not suitable for children or Sheffield United fans.





Yesterday's pictures were: 1. Former Eastender and comic the late Mike Reid 2. Bruce Jones who plays Les Battersby in Coronation Street 3. Former England football captain Bobby Moore 4. X-Files actress Gillian Anderson 5. Actor Peter O'Toole who was 75 years old yesterday 6. Film producer Samuel Goldwyn 7. Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly 8. Karen Carpenter 9. John. F. Kennedy 10. Elisha Cuthbert.




Three For Fun (Monday's answers)




Mickey Spillane created the uncompromising private eye Mike Hammer




In France, a "gigot" is a joint of Lamb.






The Walker Art Gallery is situated in Liverpool.






Today's questions (answers on Monday)





1. In which century did John Bunyan write The Pilgrim's Progress?



2. Which is the northernmost of the four main islands of Japan?


3. In Indian Cuisine, what is roti?
Joke of the Day
duck walks into a bar, sits down at the barstool, and waits for the bartender. The bartender walks up, hands the duck a menu, waits a while, and comes back to take his order. "What'll it be?" the bartender says.The duck says, "I think I'll have the grapes." "Well, I'm sorry sir, but this is a bar, we don't serve grapes here. Now, I'll let you look a bit longer and wave when you know what you want." The duck looks at the menu, then waves the bartender down. "Ok, you got your order?" The duck nods, saying, "I'll think I'll have the grapes." The bartender, kind of peeved from the duck, says, "Look Mac, we don't have any grapes here. This is a bar. We don't serve grapes, so what will you have?!" The duck looks at him in the eyes and says, "I'll have the grapes."The bartender, enraged, shouts, "If you ask for the grapes one more time I'm going to nail your feathered a** to the barstool!!"The bartender cools off a bit. "Now what will you have?!" "Got any nails?" "OF COURSE WE DON'T HAVE ANY NAILS! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS? A HARDWARE STORE?" "Good, got any grapes?"

No comments: