Friday 24 August 2007

quiz399



Quiz 399

At this moment, I am waiting for a police constable to call on me so that I can give a statement for the burglary of my neighbour 10 days ago! I got a call yesterday before the quiz telling me that the constable who was supposed to interview me yesterday had to go home for 'personal reasons' and they would call on me today. (still waiting). Long way since Dixon of Dock Green. and targets. Makes you think... if your gas or electric provider took 10 days to deal with your enquiry because the 'Seargent had just got back from leave, and only got the email today' or 'PC Donkey bollocks had to go home for personal reasons' you'd changed supplier surely?

Sorry to be a bore, whinge over. Last night's quiz was won by VCJD with 95 pts. second was that develish fiend Dick Dastardly and his sidekick Muttley in the Mean Machine. No sorry it was Those cunning devils the Alliance minus Bob (Muttley) (wheezey dog laugh) with 86 points and third place went to Blackadders with an impressive 79 points for an occassional team.

I got an email from Debbie from The Book Ends yesterday before I left for the quiz to let me know that they will be at the quiz at the Albert next Thursday. So I did promise them a 'Books and Authors' Guest Round, which is great because it was due to be 'True or False'. Anyway, I'm hungry so I'll leave you with the questions and answers and the 'Joke of the Day' an I'll update again on Monday. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk if you need me for anything before the next quiz. Enjoy the Bank holiday everyone.

Questions and Answers

Last night's pictures were: 1. TV chef Jamie Oliver 2. Comedienne and actress Julie Walters 3. James Garner aka Jim Rockford 4. Former Moroccan middle-distance runner Saïd Aouita 5. River Phoenix 6. Dick Dastardly 7. Gene Kelly 8. Former Who Rock drummer Keith Moon 9. Everton's Mikel Arteta 10. Julia Stiles

Three for Fun (Monday's answers)

The trapezium is a bone in the Wrist.

2. Cross Fell is the highest peak in The Pennines

3. In 2004, Piers Morgan was sacked as the editor of the Daily Mirror

Today's questions (answers on Monday)

1. What type of clothing is a "Newmarket"?

2. Xanthippe was the famousy bad tempered wife ofe which ancient philosopher?

3. Who was the Queen of the Amazons whose girdle Heracles stole, who also featured in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's dream?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Trying to concentrate and the PC is on his way. he's phoned me twice. sounns like he's fresh out of Hendon.

Joke of the Day Famous Quotes

Ah, yes divorce...from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. - Robin Williams

Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself. - Roseanne

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place. - Billy Crystal

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" - Dave Barry

According to a new survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than they do undressing in front of other women. They say that women are too judgmental, where, of course, men are just grateful. - Jay Leno

In the last couple of weeks I have seen the ads for the Wonder Bra. Is that really a problem in this country? Men not paying enough attention to women's breasts? - Jay Leno

We have women in the military, but they don't put us in the front lines. They don't know if we can fight, if we can kill. I think we can. All the general has to do is walk over to the women and say, "You see the enemy over there? They say you look fat in those uniforms." - Elayne Boosler

Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home. - Phyllis Diller

There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling. So, what's the problem? - Jay Leno

When the sun comes up, I have morals again. - Elayne BooslerThere's very little advice in men's magazines, because men don't think there's a lot they don't know. Women do. Women want to learn. Men think, "I know what I'm doing, just show me somebody naked." - Jerry Seinfeld

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten. - George CarlinInstead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house. - Lewis Grizzard

The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job.But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house. - Jeff FoxworthySee, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams

No comments: