Monday 29 September 2008

quiz456/update


I suppose I've got a bit of catching up to do this week asI didn't do any work on the quiz on Saturday, I just couldn't motivate myself. Yesterday, I managed to put the music tape together and type out a few questions but there is still much to do including this week's guest round which will be Initial Success. I'm going to have a good session on it later and see if I can't break the back of it, I definately don't want another last minute rush on Thursday afternoon.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

The town in North Wales that shares its name with the pool where Jesus healed a lame man is Bethesda.

Marcello, Musetta and Mimi appear in Puccini's La Boheme.

The religous movement founded by Dr Frank Buchman is Moral Rearmament.


Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. In an epistolary novel, what form does the narrative take?

2. WhichLord Mayor of London, in the fifteenth century, bequeathed the money to help to found the Guildhall Library?

3. Prestopans and Falkirk were two battles during the 1745 Jacobite rebellions. Which was the third and final decisive battle of this campaign?

Joke of the Day: Things You DON'T Wanna Hear During a Surgery? (Thanks Hancock)

Better save that. We'll need it for the autopsy.
Someone call the janitor - we're going to need a mop.
Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what's that?
Hand me that...uh...that uh.....thingie.
Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before?
Rats, there go the lights again...
Ya know, there's big money in kidneys. Heck, the guy's got two of 'em.
Everybody stand back! I lost my contact lens!
Could you stop that thing from beating? It's throwing my concentration off!
What's this doing here?
That's cool! now can you make his leg twitch?!
I wish I hadn't forgotten my glasses.
Well, folks, this will be an experiment for all of us.
Sterile, shcmeril. The floor's clean, right?
Anyone see where I left that scalpel?
OK, now take a picture from this angle. This is truly a freak of nature.
Nurse, did this patient sign the organ donation card?
Don't worry. I think it is sharp enough.
She's gonna blow! Everyone take cover!!!
Rats! Page 47 of the manual is missing!


No comments: