Friday 12 September 2008

quiz454


Quiz 454

Have you ever had one of those days? Well, yes we all have. Yesterday I got the quiz finished early and went down to Kallkwik to get it printed out only to find I'd put the shortcut of the Dingbats guest round on the memory stick instead of the actual file, this was at 5:21pm. I busted my ass to get back home and put the correct file on the stick and get back into town before they closed, I even remember seeing a magpie and though I'm not superstitious I could hear it's call seemingly mocking me as I hobbled back across the Aldergate car park. When i got back to Kallkwik I found that in my haste I'd put last week's Trackword on instead. What an eejit. That's why there was no guest round last night. Mia Culpa. Sorry. on the plus side Next week's guest round is already prepared. Another disappointing turnout - sometimes i don't know why I bother - only four teams. Our winners last night were CJD with 87pts, A Much depleted Alliance team were second with 81pts and Drunks Aloud were third with 71 pts. I am still looking for another place to present a quiz so if anyone knows of a pub please let me know.



Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold

Although it was a poor turnout last night, we still managed to put £17 into the pot, Obviously Carole has a great sales technique. The question last night was: what is the total running time of the four Alien movies starring Sigourney Weaver. The answer being: 479 minutes. Last night's winner was Pete from The Alliance.

Questions and Answers

Last night's Faces were:

1. Esther Rantzen 2. Billy Connolly 3. Rachel Rice 4. Cary Grant 5. Nelson Mandela 6. Lewis Hamilton

7. Andrew Lloyd Webber 8. Dannii Minogue 9. Russell Brand 10. Condoleezza Rice 11. Theo Walcott

12. Billy Piper 13. Serena Williams 14. Roger Federer 15. Samantha Janus 16. Sigourney Weaver

17. Cuba Gooding Jr 18. Christina Aguilera 19. Avril Lavigne 20. Rachel Weisz


Three for Fun (Monday's answers - oops only two)


The European city that Art Nouveau architect Antoni Gaudi is chiefly associated is Barcelona.

The American, with a film released in 1984, became the first woman to write, produce, direct, sing and star in a film was Barbara Streisland.

Today's questions (answers on Monday)

1. Which of the five senses is measured by an esthisiometer?

2.
What is the name of the elegant, noble detective created by Dorothy L. Sayers?

3,
What is the name given to the chemical reaction in which the action of water breaks down a substance into smaller molecules?







No comments: