Friday 14 December 2007

quiz415

Quiz 415

Last night was quite enjoyable, Wow! That's twice in three weeks, I hope continues next week for the Christmas quiz which I've yet to start but I'm absolutely buzzing with ideas i just need to get them down on screen and also find that cheesy Christmas CD for the music tape. I think dropping Scattergories was a positive move, what do you think? I also, albeit begrudgingly thought having 5 minute cigarette breaks worked well if it gets more people through the door I'm all for it. However, its not going to be EVERY 5 minutes, I will draw the line there, I don't like to stop when I'm on a roll. Last night's winners were The Alliance with 79pts, VCJD were second six points behind on 73 and The Bookends made up the top three on 70pts. It's allways nice to have them back I just wish they could take part more often. Finally a mention for The Tingle of Anticipation who came 4th on 69pts, better luck next time guys. Just looking across at the database I can see next week's guest round is scheduled to be "Who Am I", five clues to a famous person. Have a look at the two videos I've selected just before the "Joke of the Day" and enjoy. WARNING: the first one contains brief swearing. Enjoy the weekend, stay warm and I'll see you next week for a medicinal glass of mulled wine. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk for questions or comments. (Thanks Viv for the very naughty Christmas ecard.) And finally, good luck to Gareth with his Christmas quiz.

Questions and Answers

Last night's pictures were: 1. Former Eastender and I'm a Celebrity contestant Marc Bannerman 2. Scott Maslen who plays Jack Branning in Eastenders 3. James Dean 4. Amy Winehouse 5. West Ham's Peruvian midfielder Nolberto Solano 6. Russell Brand 7. Russell Crowe 8. Minister for Transport Ruth Kelly 9. Newly crowned BBC Sport's Personality of the Year Joe Calzaghe 10. Actress Rosario Dawson (sorry for that one, bit too tough)

Three for Fun (Monday's answers)

In House of Commons Procedure, The Sergeant at Arms is responsible for the security of the House.


Wardour Street in London's Soho district is best known as the centre of the film industry?


The arm of the Meditterranean Sea that lies between the north coast of Corsica and Italy is The Ligurian Sea.

Today's questions (answers on Monday)

1. What is the main distinguishing feature of all species of ratite, the most primitive group of birds?

2. At around 4700 square miles, the Negev Desert occupies approximately 60 per cent of which Middle Eastern country?

3. Museums: In which European city are the Treasuries of the Holy Roman Empire?

Jokes.

Have a look at these two videos I found on youtube. Mr Happy Goes to Chavland and Animator vs Animation for the computer buffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFiZcYl0wUU&NR=1

Joke Of The Day:Cuckoo Clock...


At about 3AM, I was drunk as a skunk. I came home just in time to hear the cuckoo clock cuckoo three times. Quickly coming up with a plan, I cuckooed nine more times, hoping my wife would think it was midnight. I was very proud of myself.
The next day, my wife asked what time I got home, and I replied, "Midnight, just like I said."
She said that was good, and for some reason she said we needed a new cuckoo clock. When I asked why, she answered, "Last night when it cuckooed midnight, it cuckooed three times, said 'Shit!,' cuckooed four more times, farted, cuckooed three times, cleared its throat, cuckooed two more times and then started giggling."


No comments: