Saturday 22 September 2007

quiz403



Quiz 403


Five teams this week. Forgive me if I don't throw my arms in the air and shout "Halleluah!" This time last year we had 10 teams, count em, 10 teams. I am interested to hear John's (VCJD) suggestion's apparently they are quite good I need them emailed to me soon please John. Thanks in advance for the input. What we really need is for people to go to their friends, neighbours, work colleagues or people they just really dislike and say, My quiz team is better than your quiz team, ner, ner, nerner, ner.and get new people to come down. We need more new teams or old ones back. Is it my fault they don't come anymore? I really need to know.I don't wan't the Albert quiz to die, in November I will be doing it for 5 years.


Last night's result, The Props Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah were last night's winners with 87 pts, The Alliance were second on 82 and VCJD were third with 80 pts. Special mention to "he New Team" who were 4th and LAD who won the wooden spoon but wo'nt be back for a while as Leah is going back to University. (Bye sweety comeback soon.)



Questions and Answers



Last night's pictures were: 1. Sir Alan Sugar 2. Chancellor of the Exchequer, The Rt Hon Alistair Darling MP 3. Former boxer and Hell's kitchen winner Barry McGuigan 4. The late former world rally champion Colin McRae 5. Actress Julia Sawalha 6. West Ham's Carlton Cole 7. Keira Knightley 8. Birthday girl Sophia Loren 9. Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) Black-Eyed Peas singer and babe 10. Actress Carrie-Anne Moss



Three for Fun (Monday's answers)



The British painter and leading exponent of pop art whose most famous works include the cover design for the Beatles LP Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band was Peter Blake.





The rank in the Christian ministry that takes its name from the Greek word meaning 'servant' is Deacon.




In medieval England, murage was a tax levied for the upkeep of Town Walls.




Today's questions (answers on Monday)



1.'No man is an island, entire of itself.' What is the name of the name of the sixteenth-/seventeenth-century poet who wrote these lines?



2. What term or word describes the final unwinding of a complex storyline or the unravelling of the plot in drama?



3. 'Lilliburlero' is the signature tune of of which branch of the BBC?

Joke of the Day

A man walks into a bar and says "Bartender gimme a triple shot of Jack". The bartender pours, and the man downs it, slams the glass on the bar and says "Another".The bartender pours another. The man downs it and says "Another".As the bartender pours the third glass he says, "Mister you drink like you have a problem. Want to talk about it?"The man says, "Ten years, ten years I've been married to my wife, and today I go home a little early to surprise her, and I find my best friend, MY BEST FRIEND, in bed having sex with her."The bartender says "Geez, what did you say."The man says " I told him, BAD DOG! BAD DOG!"

No comments: