Friday 20 July 2007

quiz394

Quiz 394

Firstly, let me say I have no idea what the comment is just below this post so click on it it looks dodgy to me. On Thursday we had nine teams which ended a bit of a lean period in the quiz and we had a three-way tie. VCJD, The Wedding Party and the Alliance (minus Margaret, so the lads were on there worst behaviour) all came top with 89pts each and I believe most or all of the winnings went to charity. Oh and i'd like to take this opportunity to thank The Quizards of Odds for the lovely gift of a beer mat and empty crisp packet that they left for me in their folder. (tossers).The Book Ends also turned up but didn't have my email address and couldn't let me know in advance so the Books and Authors guest round will have to be but on ice until they come again. Anyone wishing to contact me can do at quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk I've got absolutely bugger all done for this week's quiz so I'll have to have a good crack at it later today when I get back from doing the crossword with my friends (well my mate Steve and a obnoxious little troll called Jeff.) at Bonds. Okay, I need your help. At the beginning of next month Quizard will be 10 years old. 10 years since I did my very first quiz at the now defunct Dunky's in Bolebridge Street, Tamworth. So I would like some inexpensive ideas on how to celebrate this historic landmark.

Questions and Answers

Thursday's pictures were: 1. Bart Simpson 2. Ab Fab's Joanna Lumley 3. David Beckham 4. Mary Jo Kopechne (Teddy Kennedy's driving buddy) 5. US chat show host Jay Leno 6. Jessica Rabbit who was voiced by Kathleen Turner who was 53 year's old on Thursday. 7. Ilie Nastase The Clown Prince of Tennis 8. Lizzy Borden who didn't give her mother 40 whacks (she was acquitted of the murder of the murders of her father and stepmother) 9. Nicole Kidman from the movie The Hours 10. Bride of Frankenstein actress Elsa Lanchester.

Three for Fun (Monday's answers)

In science, an ERG is a unit of Work or Energy.

Virgil wrote the epic The Aeneid.


The M56, the M63, the M66, the M67 and theM602 all serve Manchester.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. In the Bible, Uriah the Hittite was her first husband, King David her second. Who was she?

2. Which of the Seven Wonders of the World was built at Ephesus in 356BC?

3. Who would live in a residence called a 'manse'?

Joke of the Day

A farmer and his brand new bride were riding home from the chapel in a wagon pulled by a team of horses, when the older horse stumbled.


The farmer said, "That's once."


A little further along, the poor old horse stumbled again.


The farmer said, "That's twice."After a little, while the poor old horse stumbled again.


The farmer didn't say anything, but reached under the seat, pulled out a shotgun and shot the horse.


His brand new bride yelled, telling him, "That was an awful thing to do."


The farmer said, "That's once."


No comments: