Saturday 7 July 2007

Quiz 392

I was extremely busy yesterday for reasons too long-winded to go into so that is why the blog is a day late. Firstly, thanks Viv for the email. Penblwydd Hapus i Chi! Sorry you won't be here next Thursday but enjoy your break. Anyone wishing to contact me can do so can post a comment on this site or email me at quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk Thursday's quiz was a quiet affair and the first one to fall after the recent smoking ban became law. (Didn't affect me as I quit exactly 3 weeks tomorrow... ah smug mode.) Our winners were The Magic Numbers with 94pts, VCJD were second on 92pts and The Alliance minus Bob the gob (hehehehe) made up the top 3 with 85pts. Oh sorry I was just watching a bit of Wimbledon, Maggie Thatcher has just sat down and Roger Federer has just ballooned a ball into the crowd, the old witch is still hexing people even now. Anyway, this weekend I want to get every single database bang up to date and I'm going to start as soon as I publish this post.

Thursday's pictures were: 1. Antonio Banderas 2. New Deputy Prime Minister Harriet Harman 3. Bruce Willis 4. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 5. Tellytubby Tinky Winky 6. TV presenter Tess Daly 7. Roger Federer 8. Desperate Housewife Marcia Cross 9. Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar 10. Brigit Bardot

Three for fun (answers on Monday)

1. The courage of a faithful wife saves her husband from execution at the hands of a Spanish oppressor: this is the theme of whose only opera?

2. Where in the Wirral did the Victorian soap-maker, William Hesketh Lever, found his factory in 1888, building a garden village beside it to house the workers?

3. What is the name of the series of defensive fortifications built between 1929 and 1932 along France's eastern border with Germany?

Joke of the Day Kiss the Cabbie...

A cabbie picks up a nun. She gets into the cab, and the taxi driver won't stop staring at her.

She asks him why is he staring.

He replies: "I have a question to ask you, but I don't want to offend you".

She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you are as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure there is nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that. But first, you have to be single and you have to be Catholic!"

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"

"Okay" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley, maybe we can see what we can do."

The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a prostitute blush. But when they get back on the road, the taxi driver starts to sob.

"My dear child," said the nun, why are you sobbing?"

"Forgive me, but I've sinned. I lied. I must confess, I'm married and I'm Anglican."

The nun says' "That's Okay, my name is Kevin and I'm going to a fancy dress party."


No comments: