Monday 19 March 2007

Remember my last post? When I was saying about the boiler, modem and printer having gremlins? Well, guess what? I woke up on Saturday morning to the following message on my PC screen:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows Log on process system process terminated unexpextedly with a status of 0x000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

F**king beautiful. I have spent the day reinstalling windows but haven't been able to install microsoft office as of yet. So, I haven't any work on this Thursday's quiz since Friday night. Fortunately, I did get a hell of a lot done on Friday so tomorrow when hopefully I can get Office up and running I can get most of the rest of it done.

Three for Fun

Answers to Fridays questions

In 1532, Sir Thomas More resigned as Lord Chancellor, in 1534, refused to assent under oath to the Act of Succession and in 1535, was executed. The pigment xanthophyll is Yellow. In computer terminology, the abbreviation DMA stands for Direct Memory Access.

Today's Questions

1. How many Nobel prizes are awarded every year? 2. Futures in coffee, cocoa, wheat, barley and potatoes are traded at the LCE in London. What is the LCE? 3. What sort of companies are Earl Shilton, Nottingham Imperial and Kent Reliance? Answers on Friday.


No comments: