Friday 9 March 2007

Quiz 375
I,m back!!!!!!!!!!!!! After ten weeks without an internet connection grrrr. Yesterday was what I term 'A salmon day', basically its a day spent swimming against the current only to get screwed and die. It started in the early afternoon when it came time to print out last night's quiz,a score sheet and some answer sheets only to find that my printer was out of ink. I had to go cap in hand to see a friend to borrow some money so that I could get my cartridge refilled by those good people at Cartridge World in Bolebridge Street.
On the night, six teams signed up to play (slightly disappointing ). One team pulled out before we even started and another left just after the guest round because of an a dispute with another team. I am not prepared to comment any further on the incident, I think I made my feelings pretty clear last night, all I will say is that I wish people wouldn't take the quiz so seriously, its supposed to be a bit of fun.
CJD were last night's winners coming top with 96 pts, The Alliance were second on 93 pts and last weeks newcomers, The Not So Newcomers made up the top three with a very credible 77. Just a quick mention to the only other team to finish the course, The two ladies that make up the Dimwits were just a point back with 76 pts.
Three for fun
1. Travel in the UK. Apex, SuperApex, SuperSaver and Network AwayBreak are all types of what?
2. The USA. Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge and Queensboro Bridge: over which river do they all stand?
3. Classical Music. Whose Eighth Symphony is known as the 'Symphony of a Thousand' owing to the large number of peformers it requires?
Answers on Monday.
Joke Of The Day:
A man enters a barber shop for a shave. While the barber is foaming him up, he mentions the problems he has had getting a close shave around the cheeks. "I have just the thing," says the barber taking a small wooden ball from a nearby drawer. "Just place this between your cheek and gum." The client placed the ball in his mouth, and the barber proceeded with the closest shave the man had ever experienced. After a few strokes, the client asked in garbled speech. "And what if I swallow it?" "No problem," said the barber. "Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does!"

No comments: