Monday 26 May 2008

quiz438/update


Well it's a rather gloomy Bank Holiday but I hope you're all making the most of it. Whatever you're doing it certainly must be more appealing than chasing an eight pound cheese down a f*cking hill. I didn't manage to get to sleep until 6am so I'm playing catch up today. I've managed to answer all of my emails quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk if anyone is interested in contacting me. On the plus side, this week's quiz is coming along nicely and I even stumbled on a great question for the Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold when I was researching something else which was quite serendipitous. In fact, the only thing I wanted to get done by now but haven't managed to make the time is the music tape. If I get chance I'll compile a three minute montage later today failing that it will be sometime tomorrow. I'd best get on so i hope to see you all at The Albert on Thursday.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

Pilgrims to Lourdes hope to be cured By immersion in baths fed by the holy spring.


The producer and/or writer, who, over the years, connects the series Are You Being Served?, 'Allo, 'Allo, Dad's Army and Hi-Di-Hi is David Croft.


The hadith is a collection of the sayings and actions of the prophet Muhammad.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. Which African country on the Gulf of Guinea was formerly called the Gold Coast Colony?

2. The detective Albert Campion was created by which English writer?

3. Granted to the Scots in 945 AD, which city on the River Eden in the north-west of England is the only city to have been added to England since the Norman conquest?

Joke of the Day: Ralph's 2nd life (Thanks Dr Bebop)

Ralph came home drunk one night, slid into bed beside his sleeping wife, and fell into a deep slumber. He awoke before the Pearly Gates, where St. Peter said, "You died in your sleep, Ralph.

"Ralph was stunned. "I'm dead? No, I can't be! I've got too much to live for. Send me back!"St. Peter said, "I'm sorry, but there's only one way you can go back, and that is as a chicken.

"Ralph was devastated, but begged St. Peter to send him to a farm near his home. The next thing he knew, he was covered with feathers, clucking, and pecking the ground.A rooster strolled past.

"So, you're the new hen, huh? How's your first day here?'"Not bad," replied Ralph the hen, "but I have this strange feeling inside. Like I'm gonna explode!""You're ovulating," explained the rooster, "Obviously you've never laid an egg before?

Well, just relax and let it happen. It's no big deal," said the rooster.
Ralph did, and a few uncomfortable seconds later, out popped his first egg!Ralph was overcome with emotion as he experienced motherhood. He soon laid another egg -- his joy was overwhelming.

As he was about to lay his third egg, he felt a smack on the back of his head, and heard his wife shout..."Ralph! Wake up. You're pooping in the bed!"


No comments: