Monday 12 May 2008

quiz436/update


Ihope you have all been enjoying the glorious weather, long may it continue. I myself have been busy on the quiz for this Thursday and all that is needed for its completion are 16 questions, the final faces round and a Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold question. I compiled the music tape yesterday and think it's only fair to advise those who usually play their Joker on it that there is a distinct eighties flavour to it this week. Sorry, but that is just the way it turned out. This week's guest round is Connections, nine general knowledge questions with a clue in either the question or the answer to the answer to number 10, what is the connection. I had something of an epiphany for the theme and while I am struggling with the last three or four questions I am quite pleased with it thus far. Carry on enjoying the sunshine and I hope to see a full house at The Albert on Thursday. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk as always is my email address should you wish to contact me in the meantime. Finally, I have definative proof that the Irish discovered Africa. Don't believe me? Check out the video at the end of this post. It's the first time I've posted a video so fingers crossed that it plays.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

From the French meaning 'cold blood' the term used for coolness or indifference is Sang-froid.


The female christian name that is derived from the Latin word meaning 'foreseeing' is Prudence.


The Alpine pass in Switzerland, a road built by Napoleon in 1800 to 1805 is the Simplon Pass.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. Who is the official representative of the House of Commons to the sovereign?

2. In which field of the arts is the Japanese-born woman Mitsuko Uchida a famous name?

3. If someone has qualified with an HND, what qualification have they obtained?

Joke of the Day: Proof the Irish discovered Africa.



No comments: