Monday 17 March 2008

quiz428/update




Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh! Happy St Patrick's Day to you all! I'ts just after 12:30pm and I haven't had a drink yet! remarkable! I got my shamrock yesterday and I'm all ready for tonight. To the business at hand. I'm sorry that the information on the longest place mame didn't show up properly, one of the hazards of copy and paste. I certainly wasn't going to type that lot out. I managed to get a lot of this weeks quiz compiled over the weekend, I just need twelve questions, A Pot 'O' Gold question and the pictures to finish off but, I've downloaded eleven of the twenty pictures I need. The music tape was a breeze and is a little under 3 minutes long this week, the Trackword is finished though I might reformat it if I get time. I'm going to go and get ready to drink lots of the Liffey water so, I'll see you all on Thursday quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to contact me in the meantime.
Three for Fun (Mondays answers)
The American novelist and short story writer who achieved major fictional success with the publication of Lake Wobegon Days in 1985 is Garrison Keillor.

King Minos was a legendary king of Crete.

New Zealand, Samoa, the Cook Islands and Hawaii are part of Polynesia.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. Orology is the scientific study of which geographical features?

2. Which ancient crown land and estates has a chancellor who has a seat in the British cabinet?

3. From 'September Song' by Maxwell Anderson, 'It's a long, long while from...' name the next three words?

Joke Of The Day: I Am Sperm!

The newly born sperm was receiving instructions in conception from the instructor.
"As soon as you hear the siren, run for the tunnel and swim in a straight line until you get to the entrance of a damp cavern. At the end of the cavern you will find a red, sticky ball which is the egg. Address it and say, 'I'm a Sperm.' She will answer, 'I'm an Egg.' From that moment on you will work together to create the embryo. Do you understand?"
The sperm nodded affirmatively.
Two days later, the sperm is taking a nap when he hears the siren. He wakes immediately and runs to the tunnel. A multitude of sperm swim behind him. He knows he has to arrive first.
When he nears the entrance to the cavern, he looks back and sees that he is far ahead of the other sperm. He is able to swim at a slower pace but does approach the red, sticky ball.
When, at last, he reaches the red, sticky ball, he smiles and says, "Hi, I'm a sperm!"
The red sticky ball smiles and says, "Hi. I'm a tonsil."

No comments: