Monday 10 March 2008

quiz427update



I hope you've all battened down the hatches (bloody weather) I'm staying in today. I have enough quiz stuff to keep me occupied. Most of this week's quiz is ready, I compiled the music tape on Saturday and I checked it so there's no last minute "chewing up syndrome" this week. I have a question for the Pot 'O' Gold and when I decided on a theme for Reverse Scattergories, the guest round pretty much wrote itself. However, I realised yesterday as it is a speed round, Jokers aren't allowed. All that is left to do is around 14 questions and the final picture round but I have most of the twenty ready to be copied and pasted onto the blank template. Questions, comments or suggestions? Email me at quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk Enjoy the rain and I'll see you all on Thursday at The Albert.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

In the annals of folklore, the remnants of the submerged land of Lyonesse are in the Scilly Isles.


The Tasman, the Franz Josef and the Fox in New Zealand are all Glaciers.

The name, derived from a supposed outburst by Kaiser Wilhelm, was adopted by British soldiers who survived the retreat from Mons and other early battles of World War One was Old Contemptibles

Today's questions (Answers on Friday)

1. Benthos is a name given to the plant and animal life found where?

2. What name is given to the type of shelter made of a corrugated steel sheet, named after the British mining engineer who invented it?

3. What is the title of the National Anthem of the Republic of Ireland?

Joke Of The Day:The Washcloth...

A little boy walked in on his mom in the bathroom and noticed the hair on her private area. The little boy asked,
"Mommy, what is that?"
She replied, "this is my washcloth."
The little boy went on his way.
One evening the woman and her husband were beginning to make love and he asked her to do something different and shave her hair off. She agreed.
A week or so after that the little boy had walked in on his mother again but this time she didn't have any hair. So the little boy asked with concern;
"Mommy, what happen to your washcloth?"
She replied, "I lost it."
Later that day the little boy came running up to his mom and said, "Mommy, I found your washcloth."
She replied confused, "Where did you find it?"
He told her that the lady next door was washing Daddy's face with it!

No comments: