Monday 18 February 2008

quiz424/update




I hope you have been enjoying the sunshine. It's lovely at the moment albeit a little cold. I have some washing dry at the line at the moment and hopefully it will be dry before I have to go out later. Thursday's quiz is almost done. In fact, I just need five more questions and I got an idea for a real humdinger not two minutes ago. The only mental block I'm having is finding a good question for The Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold. I have tried a couple but can't find a really definative answer. I want to ask a question in a catergory that I haven't used thus far. We've had geography, language, history, sport, science and literature, I wanted to ask a question on religion but, I can't find what I'm looking for. I hoping for another full house at The Albert on Thursday so I'll see you all there. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk if you have any questions or comments between then and now.
Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
In the Christian calendar, the name that is given to the days in spring on which special prayers are said for the newly sown crops to produce a good harvest are Rogation Days.


It's membership is limited to 80 and members must be either Painters, engravers, sculptors or architects. The name of this prestigous society is The Royal Academy.


Tachycardia means a quick heartbeat. Tachypnoea is Fast Breathing.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. What name is given to a chord of which the notes are performed, not simultaneously, but in rapid succession, either ascending or descending?

2. What is the name of the official weekly paper that lists, among other matters, bankruptcies, ending of partnerships, winding-up orders and changes in company names?

3. The Teamsters Union is a major trade union in the United States. What is a teamster?

Joke Of The Day: Don't Mess With the Maid...

A rich Beverly Hills lady got very angry at her French maid. After a long list of stinging remarks about her shortcomings as a cook and housekeeper, she dismissed the maid.
The maid, with her Gaelic ancestry, couldn't allow such abuse to go unanswered. "Your husband considers me a better housekeeper and cook than you, Madam. He has told me himself."
The rich woman just swallowed and said nothing.
"And furthermore," the angry girl continued, "I am better in bed than you!"
"And I suppose my husband told you that, too?"
"No, Madam," said he maid. "Not your husband, the mail man!"

No comments: