Friday 15 February 2008

quiz424

Quiz 424
I was concerned about presenting a quiz on Valentine's Day but I needn't have worried, There were nine teams at The Albert last night and The Dimwits returned after a very long abscence and formed a new team with The Blackadders. It was also nice to see a few new teams as well and I know it's still early days but I think we may have turned the corner after several miserable months. Last night's winners were the aforementioned Blackadders with 87pts, that's only 3 off the maximum. Second place went to VCJD with 85 and third were The Alliance on 80pts. Next week's quiz is already half complete, I need two songs to finish the music tape but I have got the four questions I need for the Pyramid which is the guest round and the theme of which is literature. I haven't forgotten about increasing the pictures from 10 to 20 but I'm having a problem finding cheap, compatable ink cartridges so I don't think it will be next week. I'm going to do some laundry and a pile of washing up that I couldn't face yesterday. Don't forget to check out the joke of the day as I have photographic evidence of where the Leprechaun hide's his Pot 'O' Gold. Questions or comments email me at: quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk


Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold
Carole collected the sum total of £33 last night. The question was: How many lines in total does Juliet have in Shakespeare's tragedy Romeo and Juliet? The answer is 526 and although I've lost the slips from last night I can tell you that the closest person was Frank. "Frank's in everybody!" So, half of last night's pot, that's £16.50 went home in his pocket. The other £16.50 rolls over with the £11 from the previous week making a starting pot for next week of £27.50.
Questions and Answers
Last night's pictures were: 1. Jodie Foster 2. Victoria Wood 3. Tottenham Hotspur and England midfielder Jermaine Jenas 4. Winona Ryder 5. Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams 6. Danish supermodel Helena Christiansen 7. Former SClub-7 member Hannah Spearritt who now plays Abby Maitland in ITVs Primeval (Should've made a note of that Carole hehehehe) 8. Philip Glenister who plays DCI Gene Hunt in BBCs Ashes to Ashes 9. Douglas Fairbanks Jr 10. Jamaican-born sprinter Merlene Ottey
Three for Fun (Monday's answers)
A Muslim known as a 'Hafiz' is able to Recite the Qur'an by heart.
The annual event that takes place in the city of London on the second Saturday in November is The Lord Mayor's Procession and Show.

The title, used until Tudor times for persons appointed to act as regents for underaged sovereigns, was assumed by Oliver Cromwell and his son during the Commonwealth was Lord Protector.
Today's questions (answers on Monday)
1. In the Christian calendar, what name is given to the days in spring on which special prayers are said for the newly sown crops to produce a good harvest?
2. It's membership is limited to 80 and members must be either Painters, engravers, sculptors or architects. What is the name of this prestigous society?
3. Tachycardia means a quick heartbeat. What is tachypnoea?
Joke of the Day:
I have found out where the leprechaun hides his Pot 'O' Gold.






No comments: