Monday 28 January 2008

quiz421/update

Wow!!!! I have been busy recently. Pictures are ready to be printed and the quiz for this Thursday is almost finished, albeit for the obigatory tweeking. I only need one sport's question and one general knowledge because I don't like one that I wrote on Saturday and intend to remove it. The only other things I need to get done before printing on Thursday afternoon is to put the new answer sheets into their respective wallets (Ma bĂȘte noire.) Although, after last weeks poor showing there isn't much to do in that respect and I'll do that straight after publishing this post. Also, I need to finish the TV theme tunes guest round, I have the first one but have been putting off finishing it off over the weekend as it can be tedious. Don't get me wrong, I really like this guest round but, it's such a chore to put together. The Leprechaun's Pot 'O' Gold will be won on Thursday. One lucky person will be walking away with something in the region of £50!!!! I have a question prepared and the closest person to the answer will grab the whole lot, good luck to all. Questions, comments? Anything you wisy to know between now and Thursday contact me on: quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Gareth of The Alliance a very Happy Birthday for Thursday and hope you will all join me in making this Thursday night a great one.

Three for Fun (Friday's answers)

The book of the Old Testament that was written by the prophet Jeremiah, mourning the destruction of the First Temple and of Jerusalemand the fate of the righteous King Josiah is Lamentations.


The rank of the RAF that is equivalent to a Sub-Lieutenant in the Royal Navy and a Lieutenant in the army is Flying Officer.

The nickname given to Haydn's Symphony 92, which was performed when he came to Britain to receive an honarary doctorate is The Oxford Symphony.

Today's questions (answers on Friday)

1. Spandau, Schoeneberge and Charlottenburg are three districts of which European capital city?

2. What is the name of the long-running musical, with book, lyrics and music by Willy Russell, that tells the tale of twins Eddie and Mickey seperated as children who grew up in radically different situations?

3. The famous ballerinas Alicia Markova and Lydia Sokolova are of which nationality?

Joke of the Day.

Mrs. Donovan was walking down O'Connell Street in Dublin when she met up with Father Flaherty.

The Father said, 'Top o' the mornin' to ye! Aren't ye Mrs. Donovan and didn't I marry ye and yer hoosband 2 years ago?'

She replied, 'Aye, that ye did, Father.'The Father asked, 'And be there any wee little ones yet?'

She replied, 'No, not yet, Father.'The Father said, 'Well now, I'm going to Rome next week and I'll light a candle for ye and yer hoosband.'

She replied, 'Oh, thank ye, Father.

'They then parted ways.Some years later they met again.

The Father asked, 'Well now, Mrs. Donovan , how are ye these days?'

She replied, 'Oh, very well, Father!'

The Father asked, 'And tell me, have ye any wee ones yet?'

She replied, 'Oh yes, Father! Three sets of twins and 4 singles, 10 in all!'

The Father said, 'That's wonderful! How is yer loving hoosband doing?'She replied,

'E's gone to Rome to blow out yer bloody 'candle.'


No comments: