Monday 21 January 2008

quiz420/update

Monday, Monday. Looks good to me. In that, Thursday's quiz is almost finished, several days early. All I need are three sports qustions and Three entertainment questions. I have a question for the Pot 'O' Gold, I breezed through the music tape on Saturday afternoon before I went to the pub, The Dingbats guest round I completed late last night and I've even put all the answer sheets into their respective folders, a job that I hate because it is so tedious. The picture round is also printed and is currently sitting on top of my printer waiting for me to trim them to size with my.. erm, trimmer. I haven't managed to get down to Kallkwik to get the rest of the Picture clues version 3.0 printed yet as I'm a little strapped for cash after the weekend but don't worry, I'll get something sorted by Thursday. quizard_97@yahoo.co.uk for questions and comments as always. I'm going to try and think of these sport and entertainment questions now, so I'll see you all on Thursday. Hopefully as many of you who were at The Albert last week.
Three for Fun (Friday's answers)
Vaughn Williams' song cycle 'On Wenlock Edge' is comprised of musical settings of A. E. Housman's poems.

The Magellan's Strait, Cockburn Channel and Beagle Channel are all off the southern coast of South America.

If something is described as being littoral, it would be found near the shore of a sea, or side of a lake.
Today's questions (answers on Friday)
1. In the Christian religion, what name is given to the highest of the Nine Orders of Angels?
2. In legal terms, what is a contemnor?
3. What is a lee tide?

Joke of the Day.

An Irishman was playing a round of golf with a colleague who he dispised because his colleague always beat him and took great pleasure in telling everyone how much better he was.


On the 16th hole the Irishman thought to himself, " I'd give anything to ace this hole." With that, a leprechaun appeared and said "I can make it possible but it will cost you one year of your sex life." The Irishman mulled for a few seconds and agreed. He teed off and the ball landed on the green and rolled gently into the hole.


On the 17th the Irishman sliced his approach into a group of trees. "Bad luck." said his partner smugly. The Leprechaun reappeared and said "I can fix that for you, but it will cost you 5 years of your sex life. Do we have a deal?" The Irishman thought about it for a while and decided it was worth it to beat his obnoxious colleague. PUFF! his ball came flying out of the trees and landed on the green.


With the round tied both men played great shots on the 18th. However, the Irishman had an impossible putt to win the game. The Leprechaun popped up again and said “If you really want to beat this eejit, I t will cost you your sex life for the rest of your life.” The Irishman thought about the proposal long and hard and decided to agree to the arrangement.


He subsequently holed the putt and his opponent stormed off in a huff. The Leprechaun appeared and rubbing his hands with glee said, “Right all the sex your going to have for the rest of your life.” The Irishman nodded. “Just for my records, what’s your name and address?” enquired the leprechaun. To which the Irishman responded:


“Father Patrick Kelly, the Church of the blessed virgin, Ennis, Co. Clare.”

No comments: