Monday 4 August 2008

quiz448/update


I hope you've all had an enjoyable weekend. I myself have been quite busy working on Thursday's quiz. I just need seven questions, the Faces round of which I have eight of the twenty I need. My big headache I have this week is the guest round, Connections. I certainly haven't had an epiphany like I did when we last had Connections as the guest round when "Sherlock Holmes" popped into my head. I do have an idea for the theme it's just finding questions to fit. I'll either struggle through with the idea I have or decide on something totally different, that decision will have to be made by the end of this afternoon. I have no news as of yet on a new website, if anyone has any ideas please email me at the usual address. Basically, what I want is a site where people can leave comments without having to join themselves. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have quite a few emails to answer right now so I'll see you all on Thursday at The Albert.


Three for Fun (Friday's answers)


The Octateuch is the first eight books of the Old Testament.


Norman Manley International airport serves Kingston, the capital of Jamaica.


The verse from the Gershwin song continues: 'No, no! They can't take that away from me.'


Today's questions (answers on Friday)


1. What name is given to a musical cmposition, most usually a slow piano piece, that suggests the romantic beauty of the night?


2. Which castle in West Sussex is the home of the Dukes of Norfolk?


3. What is the name of Samuel Johnson's eighteenth-century biographer?


Joke of the Day (Thanks Dr Bebop)

A train hits a bus load of Catholic school girls and they all perish. They are all in heaven trying to enter the pearly gates past St. Peter.St. Peter asks the first girl, "Jessica, have you ever had any contact with a penis?"
She giggles and shyly replies, "Well I once touched the head of one with the tip of my finger."
St. Peter says, "OK, dip the tip of your finger in The Holy Water and pass through the gate."St. Peter asks the next girl the same question, "Jennifer have you ever had any contact with a penis?"
The girl is a little reluctant but replies, "Well once I fondled and stroked one."
St. Peter says, "OK, dip your whole hand in The Holy Water and pass through the gate."
All of a sudden there is a lot of commotion in the line of girls, one girl is pushing her way to the front of the line.When she reaches the front of the line St. Peter says, "Lisa! What seems to be the rush?"

The girl replies, "If I'm going to have to gargle that Holy Water, I want to do it before Tiffany sticks her butt in it."


No comments: